GATE 2017 Cut Off Marks 2017
The IIT Roorkee which is organising the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 will be soon releasing the result for the examination on its official website. The examination was scheduled in the month of February, and the results are to be declared in the month of March 2017. Candidates can check the GATE Cut Off Marks 2017 at the official portal of the organisation. The cutoff marks will be decided by the Board after the conduct of the examination. The cut off marks will depend on the toughness of the question paper. The candidates who score marks above cutoff will be selected and will be allotted their ranks according to their scores.
About the Organisation scheduling the GATE examination
The examination is scheduled altogether by Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee). It is all coordinated on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India.
GATE 2017- Cut Off Marks
The cutoff marking is different for all the Branches. The cutoff markings may even differ according to different categories. Since the examination is scheduled on different dates for different branches, the candidate must differently refer the cutoff of different branches.
- For Instrumentation Engineering (IN) paper, the cutoff marks are given to be 25.45 for General, 22.9 for OBC and 16.96 for SC/ST/PWD.
- For Chemical Engineering Paper, the cutoff marks are given to be 29.7 for General category, 33.1 for OBC, 22 for SC/ST/PWD.
- For Biotechnology paper, the cutoff marks given to be 26.8 for General, 23.47 for OBC and 17.39 for SC/ST/PWD.
- For Mechanical Engineering Paper, the cutoff marks are given to be 27.52 for General category, 24.77 for OBC and 18.34 for SC/ST/PWD.
- For Electrical Engineering Paper, the cutoff marks are given to be 25.1 for General, 22.5 for OBC and 16.7 for SC/ST/PWD.
- For Paper, Electronic and Communications Engineering, the cutoff marks are given to be 25 for General, 22.5 for OBC and 16.6 for SC/ST/PWD.
- For the paper, Computer Science and Information Technology, the cutoff marks are given to be 25 for General category, 22.5 for OBC and 16.6 for SC/ST/PWD category.
- For Civil Engineering Paper, the cutoff marks are given to be 25 for General category, 22.5 for OBC category and 16.6 for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
Procedure for Checking the GATE 2017 Cut-Off Marks
- Check the official website portal of the Board.
- Shift to the Notification section from the homepage.
- Click on the link of Exam Notification.
- Select GATE 2017 Notification.
- Download the pdf file.
- Take a printout for further reference.